Since 2010, the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors, in partnership with the University of South Florida’s Center for Urban Transportation Research, has designated 57 Fairfax County employers as “Best Workplaces for Commuters.” Employers located in Fairfax County who offer commuting options to employees may be recognized as one of the “Best Workplaces for Commuters” (BWC) by the Fairfax County Board of Supervisors and the University of South Florida’s Center for Urban Transportation Research (CUTR). The BWC designation acknowledges employers who have excelled in implementing green commuter programs such as ride-sharing, transit benefits, biking and walking, teleworking, alternate work schedules and other strategies. These types of commuter programs improve mobility by reducing the number of single-occupant vehicles on the roads.
The Fairfax County Department of Transportation’s Employer Services Program works with county employers to develop and implement travel options and commuter incentives for employees. For more information about the Best Workplaces for Commuters or Employer Services Programs, contact Marcus Moore at 703-877-5641, TTY 711.
Benefits of BWC Designation
By meeting the National Standard of Excellence and offering high level commuter benefits, your Fairfax County workplace will exclusively receive:
- National and local government public recognition for being commuter-friendly and socially responsible
- Certificate Plaque to display your elite status year round
- Employer name listed on BWC National Website
- Exclusive use of the BWC Logo on your website and materials
- Employer name included on list release and announced via social medias
- Race to Excellence: Participate and receive recognition at a â€œLiveâ€? National Awards Ceremony
- Web conferences and training to help you implement commuter benefits
- Research and benchmarking
- Web-based tools to help you calculate the overall financial, environmental, and traffic improvements associated with your commuter benefits
- Help desk and one-on-one assistance to answer program questions, provide tips and resources, and help recognize your achievements
- Networking opportunities with peers and experts in the field to exchange ideas and learn new strategies
- And free membership in BWC (value of $230 per worksite)
BWC Honorees in Fairfax County
- Capital Automotive Real Estate Services, Inc.
- Ernst & Young, LLC
- National Automobile Dealers Association
- Quest Diagnostics Nochols Institute
- Strategy and Management Services, Inc.